Wandering and Wondering

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Honeymoon Suite

Given that I’ve only met one other Australian since being in Florence, it is always nice to have visitors from home. Joseph and Louisa came to visit this weekend while travelling around Europe on their honeymoon. Since they are now the second couple to stay at my place on their honeymoon (Ben and Lucille were the first couple in February), I’ve decided to rename my apartment the “Honeymoon Suite”.

They arrived on Friday afternoon and I took them to climb the bell tower (aka campanile), from which you get a great view of the dome of the Duomo and the rest of the city:

Dome of the DuomoJoseph and Louisa


Afterwards it was dinner back at my apartment, where I cooked one of the favorite new recipes that I’ve discovered since living here, cannelloni with spinach and ricotta. It is pretty simple to make: just mix some cooked spinach together with some ricotta and spices, roll it up in fresh lasagna sheets, top with tomato sauce and parmesan cheese and bake in the over for 20-30 minutes.

Joseph and Louisa having dinner in the Honeymoon Suite


While Joseph and Louisa were off visiting Pisa and Sienna and seeing the sights of Florence, I spent the majority of the rest of the weekend in my apartment studying. It sounds boring I know, but exams are coming up next week and I’ve also got a couple of assignments that are due. With that in mind, I should keep this blog article short so that I can get back to work…

No comments: