Wandering and Wondering

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Fiorentina vs Chievo

A few weeks ago I went to a football match between Fiorentina (the local team from Florence) and Chievo. Fiorentina has been having a pretty good season this year. Even though they started the season with a hefty points handicap due to their involvement in last years match fixing scandal, they are currently in 5th place on the ladder. For most of the game I was busy taking photos for my photojournalism project on "Religion and Football in Italy", so I didn't actually see all that much of the game itself, but I did manage to get some good photos of emotional fans. For the record, Fiorentina won the game 1-0.



Disagreement with the referee

Anguish

Tension

Praying for a goal

Football fans



You can view more of my photos from the game on my Flickr site.

No comments: