Wandering and Wondering

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Exams (L'esame)

This week we have our mid-term exams, so I'll find out how much I've learnt over the past couple of months. Given that I shouldn't really care about my final grades, I've been stressing out more than I should. Old habits die hard.

I'm expecting the Photoshop exam to be quite simple, and for photojournalism we need to put together a portfolio of our best photos which I've pretty much already done. The World Religions exam should also be relatively easy - I just need to remember a lot of dates and terms such as "samsara" (which in Hinduism means the endless cycle of death and rebirth).

The Italian language exam will be the difficult one. I went to see an advisor after my last test, but she didn't really tell me anything that I didn't already know - basically I just need to spend more time studying and memorizing the conjugations of the key verbs.

For our latin dance class, the mid term exam will consist of doing a small dance routine. The routine itself is pretty easy to remember - the difficult part being to make it look smooth and natural, rather than tensing up all my muscles.

The internet connection in my apartment has been down all week, so I'm actually writing this blog entry from a bar that has free wireless. Given that I had to pay 4 euros for a can of Sprite, however, I wouldn't really classify it as "free". Next time I may just see what the reception is like from sitting on the steps of the church just outside...

No comments: